Done right, extensions can completely transform your look! With so much potential, it's important that you know exactly how to maintain these luscious locks.
Because Hair Extensions are not connected to your scalp, they’re not subjected to the natural oil that secretes from the scalp, so it's not necessary to shampoo them as frequently as you shampoo natural hair. Like a great pair of jeans, washing them only when necessary helps keep them looking fantastic, longer.
1. Before shampooing, gently remove all tangles. If hair is excessively tangled, a spray-on conditioner should be used.
2. Always use a mild, professional-grade shampoo, such as those specifically formulated for chemically treated hair.
3. Place a small amount of shampoo on your fingers, gently work the shampoo into the hair, always stroking downward from the scalp area to the ends.
4. Do not twist, scrub or rub the hair.
5. Use shampoo sparingly.
Conditioning the Extensions
1. For the best result and to avoid product buildup, only use the professional conditioning products that are recommended by your stylist.
2. While the extensions are still wet, use a large-toothed styling comb to remove tangles. To minimize breakage, comb out the tangles in a gentle downward motion starting at the ends and working up to the base. 3. If using a blow dryer, avoid high heat.
1. Steam rollers, wet setting or a dry set are the safest way to curl your extensions.
2. Blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons and other thermal styling tools can be used on low settings, never set higher than 350 degrees. Remember, temperature settings higher than 350 degrees will rob the hair of its moisture, create frizz and potentially burn the hair.
Best Hair Extensions Salon Utah Orem Salt Lake City Saint George 1105 S Orem Blvd Orem Utah 84058 800-266-9568